Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Who Knew I Could Kind of Paint?

A few weeks ago, shortly after moving to South Texas, my neighbor and I were talking about things to do in the area and she mentioned there was a painting studio that you can go to where they teach you how to paint a picture step by step.  You also get to drink while you do this! We decided to sign up for one of the classes. In the class we learned how to paint a fancy cross.  I, of course, had to paint mine just like the example because thinking of out the box when it comes to painting just isn't my thing.  Considering I have zero painting talent I was fairly happy with how my picture turned out. 


The reason we decided to do the cross was to get practice for a spouses club social we had for the month of May.  Last night we went back to the studio for a private party and had an artist teach us how to paint a T45.  I was nervous because I wasn't sure I could actually get it to look like an air plane.  I had a bit of help from the instructor with the body of the plane and I only painted one wing wrong so I was proud of myself!

1 comment: