Thursday, July 7, 2011

4th of July Strawberries and Strawberry Mojitos

At the end of my three week journey away from South Texas I stayed for a few days at my inlaw's house near Dallas.  My sister in-law wanted to make red, white and blue strawberries that she had seen her cousin make. My mother in-law wanted to make mojitos and I got really excited because I had JUST SEEN a recipe for strawberry mojitos on Pinterest.


The quick description for how to make these mojitos can be found here!  Blend together 1 can frozen limeade, 1/2 can (the one that held the limeade) rum, 2 cups frozen strawberries, and a muddled mixture of a few leaves of fresh mint and the pulp of two limes.



For the strawberries you need white chocolate melted with a tsp of oil, washed and dried strawberries and blue sugar.  Dip the strawberries in the white chocolate 3/4 of the way up the strawberry.  Immediately dip about half way up the strawberry with the blue sugar.  Place on wax paper to harden.  Afterwards I thought using some cream cheese frosting for the white would taste AMAZING!

No comments:

Post a Comment