Thursday, July 14, 2011

Chicken and Shrimp Mexican "Lasagna"

A lot of times I find recipes that I want to make and as I am reading the ingredients I either don't like them or I do not have them handy.  I had printed a recipe for a shrimp enchilada bake and realized that it had green salsa and green enchilada sauce in it.  I don't like any kind of green Mexican sauce so I improvised! Also I didn't have a ton of shrimp and I had some leftover chicken so I just combined the two. This meal was really good and I realized I am obsessed with refried beans with melted cheese!!!

2 cups of cooked shrimp/chicken
1 can corn
2 cups salsa divided
1 can refried beans
6-9 corn or four tortillas
Shredded cheese

Mix chicken/shrimp, corn and 1 cup of salsa (or enchilada sauce) in a microwavable container.  Microwave on high for two minutes.  In a small casserole dish spread a thin layer of salsa on the bottom of the dish.  Layer tortillas over the salsa.  Spread refried beans over the tortilla and then spread some of the chicken/shrimp mixture over the beans.  Keep layering as desired.  On top of the last layer of tortillas spread refried beans and salsa.  Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees and five minutes before it is done spread cheese on the very top of the "lasagna". We ate ours with guacamole.

No comments:

Post a Comment